Eating Disorder Referral and Information Center
International Eating Disorder Referral Organization
Advocacy Groups (scan down)
If you need treatment and you do not have medical insurance, this site may be helpful: http://www.covermefoundation.org/
Eating Disorders Coalition for Research, Policy and Action (EDC)
We are the federal advocacy organization for eating disorders.
Our mission is to advance the federal recognition of eating disorders as a
public health priority.
With more focused attention on educating and working with Congress, we can effectively influence federal policy. Our specific goals are to:
• Raise awareness among policy makers and the
public at large about the serious health risk posed by eating disorders
• Promote federal support for improved access to care
• Increase resources for research, education, prevention, and improved training
• Increase funding and support for scientific research on the etiology, prevention, and treatment of eating disorder
• Promote initiatives that support the healthy development of children
• Mobilize concerned citizens to advocate on behalf of people with eating disorders, their families, and professionals in the field
Media Campaigns: Treatment and Prevention
Members: If you are willing to be interviewed for radio, television, and articles please email your name and telephone number. Don't forget to be alert and aware of media campaigns that send destructive messages: Look for unhealthy advertising campaigns, let's unite and get those ad's removed.
To begin your search for help and referrals CLICK HERE
*We cannot diagnose or treat eating disorders by email, but we can send you information and assist you in finding resources. Information provided by the Eating Disorder Referral and Information Center is not a substitute for medical treatment or psychological care. It is vital that you talk with your physician and a qualified mental health professional regarding eating disorder symptoms and treatment.
*While EDRIC includes articles and links to sites which provide additional information on eating disorders and related topics, the EDRIC does not endorse or recommend any site, product or service provided on these links. See legal information.
Search for Treatment Take Instant Poll Abbreviations/Glossary Return to Home Page Membership